• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC76XTL Questions

MikesRJ

Sep 17, 2023
South Eastern - PA
I’ve been out of the radio world for quite some time. Started off with CB’s back in the ‘70’s and had a general Ham license some 30+ years ago, and ran a MARS station while shipboard in the Navy. Which brings me to my questions.

I inherited a few CB’s after the passing of my long time neighbor who was a trucker over 50 years. I received two of his truck rigs, of particular interest to me. One is an almost new looking unmodified (stock) Cobra 29XLR, the other is a modified Uniden PC29XL. Both of the side mic type, so I suspect 80’s manufacture. There are a few more CB related items I received, but I'll get to them later. (i.e. Midland 13-770, D&A Mfg. Bandit II, Courier Port-a-Lab 500, etc.)

It appears, by opening the case, to have an echo board and the power mods installed. As far as my research led me, I believe they work. With a tuned mag mount Wilson 1000 they both produce power and receive well, but I suspect the Uniden is in need of a good tuning. Also, the mic that came with them had a bad connection so I purchased an Astatic 302-636LB1 mic. I’ll fix the original later.

My question is, are there any CB Shops around anymore that take in work. I’m in south eastern PA and cannot locate any shops willing to work on anything not bought from them. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9024.jpeg
    IMG_9024.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9023.jpeg
    IMG_9023.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    No conditions woodstown NJ.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place