• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC78Elite tuneup

4play

Apr 26, 2006
AZ
I just bought my first CB since 1977, back in Highschool. It was the only rolling communications there was.
I bought a Uniden PC78Elite with a Wilson 1000 roof mount on my truck to monitor traffic/gossip & for the next Katrina type evac.

Have a GOOD TECH do a aligment on it and have him adjust the audio (so it's Nice and Load) and have your DeadKey set at 2 watt's. That way your set for an Amp also..
Tom

sounds very good 4P , get them married together and then get yourself a good antenna and you should be very good to go. ..OH !! I see you already have a Wilson 1000 , yeap !! you will surely be good to go !! Have fun. (-:

Sounds like your all set. The normal order I suggest is first have a proper tune done, then look at a nice small amplifier in the 150-250 watt range. That will give you the most bang for the buck. If your a big talker and want to sink just alittle more into the amplifier then look at a 2 pill with 2879 finals from X-Force, Davemade, AM Power, Fatboy. They are all fan cooled and would get you into the 350-380 watt range easy.

Thanks,

I was given the gift of gab for sure, but I normally listen & only respond when I have relevent info & enough signal :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.