• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC78LTW mods

maddog355

Sep 22, 2011
I called the C.B. Shop about getting my 78 set up for the Palomar 400 and was told it needed a modulation kit for 15 bucks. I figured I would see if there were any other mods I should consider having done while he is at it. Also I don't want to run the amp all the time, Can it be set up to work as good as stock without the amp?

Sounds like they want to sell you some repair service. Why replace the final if it's still working? Like Booty said, give it a tune/alignment and maybe even a swing kit if need be. Then you can have either a set dead key of say 2.5 watts, a hi lo dead key of say 2.5 and 6, or a variable control of 1-6 watts. Should run fine with a Palomar 4 pill.

I think a swing mod is what he called it. Don't recall for sure. Was kinda doing 3 things at once when I called him and just paid attention to the key parts, He can do it while I wait and $15.

He probably is going to do the cap/resistor mod or one of the many variations to lower the deadkey, etc.

Make sure you ask him exactly what he plans to do - what parts he's going to remove/replace, etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated