• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC9

KD0TDG

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 23, 2012
I picked up a real decent shape PC9 the other day...No reason other than it was in nice shape and had everything but the rubberduck antenna. And besides it was cheap too. I'm really kind of impressed with its reception so far just hooked up to the OE mag mount telescopic antenna. I seriously did not expect it to RX as well as it does.

I'm trying to track down a schematic / service info. Nothing wrong...just like to have it in case it does puke out on me. Already checked Tricks and a general search and no luck. Secret CB didn't have much other than a channel selector mod and I found a link on modulation mod via cutting D-11. That's all I've found... Anybody got any info on these obscure little emergency radios?

Thanks in advance
Neil

damn, um, good luck with that, I got the entire cbtricks collection and looked it up, the info on the mod limiter is for a president AR-7 mobile. What PLL does your radio use? 99% chance it uses one that aint modifiable nor able to change the ref freq as it uses crystals divide by sum to shit the freq up on TX, so changing the crystal will cause tx on different freq than RX.
It looks flimsy and knobs bump on everything if you took it in the woods, might just want to save it for parts for a cool portable/handheld, or make a carrier jammer out of it for the a**hole who plays birdies and assorted noise on any channel he hears a conversation going on, place it near his house in the bushes with a battery or some sort of power source and it deafen his station a good bit.

Midland International CB Radio 23 Channel 13 861 Convoy Buddy Vintage Portable | eBay those are cool, but i dont think they are cool enough that the seller is gonna get $122 for it.

I agree there!

I did expect this thing to be on the flimsy side. Not say it isn't but thus far all has really made an impression that as cheaply made as it is there was a bit more effort to keep it from falling apart the first time out of the box. Any way... I have had the back off but have not removed the board to flip it over to see what it looks like or PLL #.

I really figured it would be a PC33 or PC33X in a flat plastic box. And I think it is more less...different board tho.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.