• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Pro 510xl

No need to "add me", i'm still relatively new to the radio world. But if you want to you can click on my profile image and view my account/profile page, there is a "Follow" button I don't know what it does yet but I think you get updates whenever I post something??

You can do that if you like, but a lot of stuff is still beyond my understanding..
I am glad you got it going with clear Audio!!!
That makes me happy when something works out.

All The Best.
-Sam aka LeapFrog

ok Sam if ya ever hear me on 17 AM give me a holler.

Aaron a.k.a 624 Lead Foot in the Smokey Hills

ok Sam if ya ever hear me on 17 AM give me a holler.

Aaron a.k.a 624 Lead Foot in the Smokey Hills

"Will Do, No Doubt About It Breaker! This is the LeapFrog 469 in the Sand Pile & We Just Got Down!"
-Sam
(I usually hang out & rag-chew on 28, but I manually "scan" the band often so I hope to catch you on some good skipping shooting DX one day)

Reactions: gr1m
I thought your numbers sounded familiar Leap. I am on the east coast, Daytona Bch., area. Have talked to some of you guys over there a few times on 38lsb.
222 Daytona Bch.
Just waving a hand and saying 73 and God Bless!!

Reactions: LeapFrog
I thought your numbers sounded familiar Leap. I am on the east coast, Daytona Bch., area. Have talked to some of you guys over there a few times on 38lsb.
222 Daytona Bch.
Just waving a hand and saying 73 and God Bless!!
Thanks brother, I do remember you 222 I just wasn't sure if it was you here on the forum. Now I understand Daytona Beach Florida = DBFL!! God Bless you also, catch you on the band again!
-Leap

And Gr1m just keep your eyes & ears open you will come across a sweet s.s.b. rig again!

Reactions: 222DBFL
It's a small world. Keep it clean and mean brother!! Hopefully we can talk again soon! The band has been dead!! Some sporadic stuff, but mostly the early morning crew I hear over around the Ocala area. Again, catch you soon if conditions permit! And keep up the good work man!

Reactions: LeapFrog
It's a small world. Keep it clean and mean brother!! Hopefully we can talk again soon! The band has been dead!! Some sporadic stuff, but mostly the early morning crew I hear over around the Ocala area. Again, catch you soon if conditions permit! And keep up the good work man!
Thanks brother, hopefully soon! I'm trying to keep it clean as possible without all the test equipment, i'm learning still and have a ways to go yet but thank you 222!

Reactions: 222DBFL
Got one more question if anyone can answer I bought a new Wilson 2000 antenna today and had amp out of line to check swr and got it 1.1 across the band and checked my power readings and I was getting 1 watt swinging 3 then put amp inline to check swr and power and with the amp off my deadkey was lower with amp inline is this bad my meter said .4 of a watt swinging 1 1/2 watts. Is this normal? Swr was still 1.1 with amp off and amp on and switch on high 1.4 swr.

Last edited:
It's possible to lose a little power going through the amp. As long everything is working, leave it be. JMHO.

I don't think it will hurt anything to lose a little output, although I think it's being reflected back into the radio from the amp.
1.1 with amp off and amp on and switch on high 1.4 swr
The reason your SWR is changing could be from the input/output tune of the amp, but I am not sure.

-Sam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned