• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden pro 530e display problem

gregcooper

May 19, 2012
I got this radio at my local flea market for 75 cents yesterday, I brought it home and hooked it up, and the channel display is gone other than about 4 segments total. I was searching around and found this to be a common problem with these radios, and not easily fixed due to lack of replacement parts, new or used. I really don't want the expense of a frequency counter, it's a cheap radio, and would like to keep it that way. I have tons of old channel displays from other radios, is there a way to make one of them work somehow?, could the channel part of the unit be removed and a separate display put in its place? I know it's all one unit, but I wasn't sure if it could be modified to work, or can I remove the entire display and put the other channel display in and a separate s/rf meter from an older Uniden? I know it's going to be lots of work, but I have nothing but time right now. I cannot find the schematic for this radio to look for a pinout to see how to do it. Thanks for any help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.