• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden pro 810

Ok... if memory serves me right, this should be what you're after.

Locate R186 (560 ohm, 1/8 watt, band colors are green/blue/brown), it'll be right in front of the AM pass regulator transistor (Q503, it'll be green and labelled "A1012" on it), unsolder the resistor where it meets the MIDDLE LEG of the A1012 transistor and lift up that leg of the resistor. Solder a 1N914/1N4148 switching diode (Radio Scrap sells them cheap) with the banded end (cathode side) down into the hole where R186 was lifted up. Solder the non banded side of the diode to R186 that was lifted up.

That should give you the swing you desire. Keep in mind that it does stress the pass regulator transistor a little bit more, so it is advisable that you apply some extra thermal heat sink compound to the transistor before re-assembling the radio. Hope this helps!

~Cheers~

The A1012 that you're looking for will be located in the back right corner of the radio (if you have the cover off and the knobs on the radio facing towards you). Some radios may have an A473 in its place, but I'm pretty sure that it's an A1012. Sometimes, this transistor can be black too. It will be mounted with a screw to the back wall. R186 will be directly under it, and just to the left. If my camera didn't take such crappy pics, I'd snap a pic. :(

~Cheers~

picture would be a great help all them numbers r running together lol. im going to take a brake from it and try again later thanks for the info if u got anymore send it my way

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.