• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Pro 810e + Archer Crossbow

My base set up is a Uniden PC-122 powered by a 10 amp Radio Shack power supply and an Archer 1/2 wave Crossbow base antenna. The Crossbow was just a Shakespeare Big Stick with blue dye and a reverse threaded top whip. It is nothing special. It does not get out great, but it has proven to be quite rugged. At 35 years now, it has lasteed far longer than I ever dreamed it would.

There is plenty of humidity in this climate. SWRs on my dinosaur, old Crossbow are flat across the CB band.

I do cheat a little in that I cover the Crossbow in automotive wire plastic loom. That way it is the plastic loom and not the fiberglass on the antenna that is getting scorched by the sun's UV rays.

I like my PC122 just fine. My Crossbow has been steady and reliable.

Enjoy your station.

Guys this guy is bellow ground level If I under him correctly he might need an artificial ground living in the basement. I was thinking if he is bellow ground level he could open a window at night and pass his dipole or Bazooka out the egress windows and string up between the 1st floor balconies and take back down before morning.

Since TV is digital now and all the tv's are surface mount and have no exposed wiring is TVI still an issue today? I am thinking it is not but I am not current with regard to how digital TV and modern flat panel tv's are affected?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?