• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden slant face PC 77 ID ?

Cabover Bob

Nov 17, 2020
Anyone have any info on this ? One FB comment says that it was for the Australian market and that the face could be flipped for overhead mounting.

567 Caboverbob on the west side…….
B686E9A0-3B5D-438C-BF9D-D81AD691646C.jpeg

Anyone have any info on this ? One FB comment says that it was for the Australian market and that the face could be flipped for overhead mounting.

567 Caboverbob on the west side…….
View attachment 62845
its just a usa sold uniden pc-77. they show up on ebay all the time and they are not a rare radio by any means but they are not everywhere like 148's and 29's either. it is not a made for australia radio. 90% of the facebook cb people are complete idiots. i quit that whole thing awhile ago. nothing but know it all's with the wrong information and smart ass mouths lol.

Last edited:
This is all I got, delicate situation, trying not to ask the owner too many questions. Let’s meet up on the 99 next Sunday and check it out, I’ll be coming home from drag races in Bakersfield.
I doubt I will make it down to the valley this week, need chains on the 4WD just to go check the mail lol.
Are you guys getting crazy weather up there?

Jeff

I doubt I will make it down to the valley this week, need chains on the 4WD just to go check the mail lol.
Are you guys getting crazy weather up there?

Jeff
It’s been windy, gonna have to pull the trigger on a new roof this week, not a lot of rain though. Snow on Altamont yesterday, so that’s odd.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
It’s been windy, gonna have to pull the trigger on a new roof this week, not a lot of rain though. Snow on Altamont yesterday, so that’s odd.
It been snowing on and off for the last three days up here.
CalTrans does a good job on 140 and 41 up to the park but the county only plows the main roads.
Mains Power has been off for last 10 hours we are running on battery backup.

Jeff

These PC-77's are similar to the PC-76 but has a "Jackson" appearance and face.

The "Slant face" is reversible - pull the covers off - the board floats in the middle of the case, so the speaker itself can be "flipped over" and the radio can be BELOW or ABOVE the console.

Speaker was slim profile so it can fit in the cubby the board itself had enough room for the clearance - Board may appear different but nearly number for number similar to a 76 in that era. They "pushed away" the NB section so the open area in the center fit the magnet and cage.

Once the case covers are removed - the radio face can then be tilted - simple rotate up to slope up or pressed down to slope down - then the covers are reinstalled - but the top is now the bottom - approach - so the speaker side then is opposite of where you had it.

Brother had one until he got it ripped off - or blew up or whatever his excuse was for that day.

Either way, it was gone - neat little radio to have to use for flexibility in mounting ways.

I liked it for installs on the overhead console - easy reach.

Front Mic - typical Uniden/Cobra 4-pin Dynamic mic for the wiring code.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Just help them - try to push the idea of using hydroelectricity...

There's always the effects of beavers - damming a river...
R.ab2a2cb12427d9303d56a1d96e74deb4

• Haha
Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated