• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington finals

Driver Transistor is a C-2166 and the final transistor is a C-1969.The 1969 final is harder to come across though but can be found.Some have been switching over to MOFSFET's.

The original 2SC2166 and 2SC1969 finals were originally made by Mitsubishi. The 2166's can still be found on the 'Net in limited quantities, but the 1969's are pretty tough to find. For every genuine 1969, there's probably about 30 fakes. Best to get pulls from a junk SSB radio to ensure you're getting the real deal.

Mosfets are cheaper to get, and aren't too terribly difficult to replace if you have a little bit of electronic know-how and some soldering experience. I have a thread written up on how to convert the common AM/SSB boards to Mosfet finals, like the MB8719 and D858 chassis. I also have converted the PLL02A SSB boards to Mosfets as well, but haven't updated the thread yet.

P.S. Just remembered, some Uniden Washingtons have the NEC 2SC1306/Mitsubishi 2SC1969 pair in them, if yours has this pair in the radio, you can sub out the 2SC1306 with a 2SC2166 and it will work just fine.

Thanks guys, I will check out your thread on converting it to mosfet. I am good enough to do some simple electronics/soldering so if it just a matter of replacing parts I can do it. If the radio needs aligned after I can not do that for lack of equipment but I am sure I can get DTB to do it. He is only about a 45min/hour drive from me.

I do have a uniden LT parts radio laying around, maybe it will have a good set of finals that will work.

Thanks,
AP

theres a uk seller on e bay does eleflow 2sc1969,2sc2166,2sc1945 and 2sc2312 replacements at sensible prices compared to the originals if you can source them.

HFR-20W (2SC1969) ELEFLOW HF/RF TRANSISTOR....1pc. | eBay UK

i've dealt personally with Mark umpteen times and can assure you he is 100% reliable, check out his videos on the link i posted.He'll post worldwide too.worth checking out his other items as well as he occasionally turns up a few gems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.