• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington no AM tx but SSB is fine??

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I have a Uniden Washington with the MB8719 PLL. In AM mode I have great receive but no TX at all. No output, mod, or nothing! In SSB mode radio receives great and puts out 15 watts just fine.

This was a old friends radio that he talked on everyday then all of a sudden nothing. Radio has been modded for extra channels with a three position band switch.
Were should I first start checking?
AM Regulator?
Finals?

HELP!!!

Thanks again guys,
W4BSS

It looks like a Golden Screwdriver & Soldering Iron got loose in this radio.

I really can't stand to see radios of this cailber in this condition either. All hacked up - what a shame!

Might check 2sc1419 and the 2sc945 next to it. IIRC, that would be TR42 & 41. The 1419 is mounted on the frame on the far right corner. That part should be upgraded to an NTE152. But please check that info first, as I am just going off of the top of my head at the moment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?