• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIT_399 BASE

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
I change my base station setup a lot, but I plan on keeping it like this for the forseeable future (a week or two at least).

008a.JPG

My base station. Nothing special. Realistic TRC-457 transceiver. Monitor box on top of radio controls fan in radio, and the EQ and DSP unit on the right. Transel wattmeter, Black Cat counter, external speakers, Altec-Lansing phones, Stock Realistic handmike, and voltage monitoring meters complete the setup. Not shown is the Digital recorder I use for watergates. I removed the mic mixer and noise toys I had connected 'cause I never used them.

005a.JPG

My shack in the corner of my shop.

006a.JPG

DX contacts map (started Jan 1, 2010)

those old 457 and 458 don't need a power mic on sideband that stock mic is a great choice for that radio..great looking station

My base station. Nothing special. Realistic TRC-457 transceiver. Monitor box on top of radio controls fan in radio, and the EQ and DSP unit on the right. Transel wattmeter, Black Cat counter, external speakers, Altec-Lansing phones, Stock Realistic handmike, and voltage monitoring meters complete the setup. Not shown is the Digital recorder I use for watergates. I removed the mic mixer and noise toys I had connected 'cause I never used them.
You forgot to give mention to the fuzzy dice (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.