• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Unknown aluminum antenna

Alexis Mercado

May 17, 2016
Today I bought for $ 20 bucks an antenna which I can’t identify. It has 6 sections, measures 19 feet long. Last section is stuck. Probably would be longer if I achieve to to take the last section out. It has 3 radials which are 4 feet long.

Any idea of the brand ?

Attachments

• 14295D2D-D85F-4B39-8889-4E1D404BD1C5.jpeg
    14295D2D-D85F-4B39-8889-4E1D404BD1C5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • DD070CCE-7683-4CE9-AFEF-053F1415C753.jpeg
    DD070CCE-7683-4CE9-AFEF-053F1415C753.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43

Today I bought for $ 20 bucks an antenna which I can’t identify. It has 6 sections, measures 19 feet long. Last section is stuck. Probably would be longer if I achieve to to take the last section out. It has 3 radials which are 4 feet long.
19' would that be a tune measurement for 10 or 12 meter radio?

Marconi, help with this antenna !!!!

Alexis, it does look like an old CTE, but I can't give you a name for it. The dimensions given, appears to be a 1/2 wave CB antenna to me.

This old antenna looks very similar to what Sirio produces today. These two companies must have been connected somehow.

Reactions: Alexis Mercado
I looked around and found this link below.

Click: http://73.235.100.209/ant_manuals/cte/spectrum_1600.pdf

edit: Jeff I think the link above is the same as I posted earlier, but it did not have the http:// before the 73.235,206, ----cont'd. This # could have also been different.

The CTE Co. made the Larry 150. Maybe this was an old idea for the Sigma4 and Sirio New V4k back in the days.

It came 31' feet long and a lot of my local buddy's tried to get it to work at 27 MHz, saying they followed the instructions to the "T".

Some ended up in the trash pile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexis Mercado
I looked around and found this link below.
Click: CBTricks

The CTE Co. made the Larry 150. Maybe this was an old idea for the Sigma4 and Sirio New V4k back in the days.

It came 31' feet long and a lot of my local buddy's tried to get it to work at 27 MHz, saying they followed the instructions to the "T".

Some ended up in the trash pile.
Hi again Marconi. The link doesn’t open al all. Can you post it again ?

By the way, it is not the Larry 150. It looks almost like the one I mentioned, the Sirio 5/8 GPE.

Alexis, sorry the link does not work. Sometimes I can't get this new dxForum software to do anything I might be trying to do.

I looked again for the link I sent you, but I couldn't find it.

Some time back in 2020, I posted a thread about CTE. I tried to cut the address and paste. In response to you above I just couldn't figure out how to do that either.

All I can say is I'm about convinced, that with my short term memory problems, I just can't get this new software to work for me.

Last edited:
Hi again Marconi. The link doesn’t open al all. Can you post it again ?

By the way, it is not the Larry 150. It looks almost like the one I mentioned, the Sirio 5/8 GPE.

Alexis, sorry I didn't mean to suggest the Larry 150, was the same as you showed us in your images above. I was just trying to find something on CTE that showed...how poorly they described their old antennas back years ago.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Eddie, you are not doing anything in error.
The CB tricks site is no longer at the old link you had posted before the main site went down.

Tim and Gary have been working for several weeks now on uploading the content to this forum but it takes time to upload the data.

Jeff

Last edited:
CTE is a very old brand here in EU, together with Targa, Sirio, lemm etc ...
I always wondered if they were not from the same factory hi.
As mentioned, they did have the "avanti sigma 4" clone..and a couple other "popular" antennas.

Not known for strength, i do recall the CTE Skylab was a popular antenna back in the 80s ? I remember riding on a bicycle and noticing them on the chimneys hihi.

They were also amongst the first to introduce yagi beams for CB here.
They had the "spitfire" yagi,.... a 3el with a hairpin match.
It was either the spitfire yagi or the 3el Armco... you didnt have much other options.

This one looks similar to a Sirio GPE, but im not sure what "CTE" named it
Ill see if i can find it in some old CB magazines...must be in there somewhere...

73 Henry

Edit :
Scanning through an old magazine... I found something called CB master super 5/8 and the Futura CB-master 5/8 with its length not specified. They do look similar. also found an add with the old "speedy" amplifier of CTE, the pulsar "beam"... and i forgot PAN antennas made a couple yagis either... nice to scan those old brochures hi.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated