• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

unknown ??????

wd586

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 1, 1970
Pa.
Anyone knw any thing about this???

Attachments

• 5Nb5I75J23Mf3J33N1c7f487b579a3eea1dc5.jpg
    5Nb5I75J23Mf3J33N1c7f487b579a3eea1dc5.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 215

definitely a antenna .looks to be for the top of a van maybe?mount to the drip rails along the roof line . or maybe for a suburban but a van is more likely .a long extended van

just a guess

Appears to be a folded dipole type antenna in the higher HF range. Looks like there are two of them so might be for a repeater.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 2 people
twin folded dipoles were also used for multidirectional beam antennas back in the 70's...is there any info on the box?

Although the elements were a little smaller, I used to have a 4 pole array that looked like that, it was 4 folded dipoles that you could bolt to the side of a tower/mast.
You could face them all 90° from each other or all on the same side to use them directional.
It was used on a repeater as well.

Jeff

I'll take a "swag".....
Old 40-50 Mhz public service bands....work good for 6m(shorten)...
10m they would be damn near 16ft or longer...
All the Best
BJ

PS: Judging by those "Short Stand-Offs"...those are made for Non-Conductive mast mounting....(?).,...maybe a 4/folded Dipole set-up:confused:....
That's half the package....:confused:
Need 2 more antennas/Mast/Power divider and matching harness....(?);)

if a pic of the center area showing the coax and other items there could be provided along with any information on the box, such as manufacturer could be provided, someone may have some info here,

good day

I'll take a "swag".....
Old 40-50 Mhz public service bands....work good for 6m(shorten)...
10m they would be damn near 16ft or longer...
All the Best
BJ

PS: Judging by those "Short Stand-Offs"...those are made for Non-Conductive mast mounting....(?).,...maybe a 4/folded Dipole set-up:confused:....
That's half the package....:confused:
Need 2 more antennas/Mast/Power divider and matching harness....(?);)

Looks identical to our old low band system at the fire department, which we had four of.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.