• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unlabeled resistor Turner SSK mic schematic

UxCow

Jan 3, 2014
Hi all,

First post here. Thanks to an older thread on here I found the schematic for a Turner Super Sidekick, as I was recently given one (among other things) for Christmas...kind of like a grab bag of semi-working stuff (which I may need to make a thread about to get some answers on those who may understand more than I do).

I'm fairly new to radios of any sort, and have kicked around modifying tube guitar amps and effects pedals for about a decade.

Anyway, Does anyone have a picture available of the component side of a Super Sidekick board? There is a missing resistor, and the schematic shows it, but has no value beside it. It should be connected to both legs of the primary side of the transformer. I've attached the .pdf containing the schematic.

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks ahead of time.

Attachments

• turner_super_sidekick_om.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

Wow, no replies...maybe wrong area.

Does anyone even have a picture of the guts of a Super Sidekick? That alone would be helpful in finding out what resistor is needed.

UxCow,

I don't understand the problem/question. There are two resistors and two pots shown in Figure 4. The lower left pot is 100 ohms and is the Amp Control on the base bottom. The other pot is the 500 ohm Audio Output Control on the top of the mic base. The other two fixed resistors are a 39,000 (39K) and a 470,000 ohm (470K). Are you saying that there is a third fixed resistor somewhere? The pot shown in the two simplified diagrams is the 500 ohm Audio Output Control. The transformer has two windings with a 200 ohm impedance winding to the microphone element, and the 50,000 ohm impedance (50K) side feeding the amplifier input.

Maybe somebody else can chime in on this?

Mike

P.S. As I was closing the pdf I think I see what you're talking about. I don't have the mic, but seeing that it is between the output side of the 39K and the input side of the 470K, a good assumption may be it's a 1M (1 Mega ohm) to act as a gain input value for the amplifier. Just a guess. A 1 Meg would have a color code of Brown-Black-Green (1-0-00000). Maybe that would help you?

Last edited:
I think he is referring to the resistor with the red circle I have drawn around it. I have no idea the value.

q4gd.jpg

Tnx Capt,

There usually is a high impedance value for an amp input. May go as low as 10K. Maybe it is 50K to match the transformer impedance value? Memories from my OP Amp days in college.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Star
That's it. Good find. Funny thing is the image I posted also came from a pdf file of the SSK amplifier circuit but it did not label the value of that resistor or the value of the pot in the lower left.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.