• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unlicensed Users taking over GMRS

OH WOW!. Man for a second there I almost thought you guys were serious with this thread. I mean pissing about this makes about as much sense as the hammitards complaining about 2 cans and some string tied together.

That's one of the reasons that FCC is so ineffective these days. They replaced ELECTRONICS Technicians with POLI-ticians! :thumbdown:

CWM

Truth is neither were very good at their jobs. They work for the government, case closed.

Our county jail uses 154.5700 (license-free MURS) for daily jail operations. Located less than a mile off a major interstate, they get occasional traffic from travelers and construction companies and they get all pissy when somebody comes across "their" frequency, I've heard them demand other users to "cease and desist illegal operations on the sheriffs department frequency or face arrest and prosecution".

:laugh: What dumbasses.

Our county jail uses 154.5700 (license-free MURS) for daily jail operations. Located less than a mile off a major interstate, they get occasional traffic from travelers and construction companies and they get all pissy when somebody comes across "their" frequency, I've heard them demand other users to "cease and desist illegal operations on the sheriffs department frequency or face arrest and prosecution".

I would love to be close to them. What a field day we could have with that one. Get on "their" freq and then read the rules to them. Bet that would get their rears all chapped up in no time at all.

I am surprised some of the locals have not been messing with them and having no mercy at all on them.

Ya know, they may be correct, seems I recall reading the rules for MURS and that frequencies allocated before MURS was created can still use those frequencies, including repeaters, and MURS users use the channels on a secondary basis. I dont know enough about the 150-174Mhz bandplan to know if law enforcement ever used those frequencies, maybe look in Police Call book.

It would be hillarios to fuck with them though, if the did not have primary rights to the channels. I doubt local law has access to radio direction finding equipment and obviously the FCC cant help em.

154.570 was never allocated for public service, it was knows as one of the "Blue Dot" low-power (< 5w) business frequencies for many years before it's allocation as one of the five MURS frequencies in late 2000.

Heres is a question for all you armchair Lawyers....... ok, they are not licensed for that frequency, but if you interfere with them... and cause disruption... are you technically interfering with Law Enforcements ability to carry out their duty and guilty of a felony???

Just me stirring this pot! LOL

Yes...

However in order for it to be Truly, Yes..

It would mean you were actively interfering with them, while they, were actively participating, in an active Emergency..

Otherwise the answer would be NO !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated