• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unlocking the clarifier on a 2970DX

T

Tumbleweed

Does anyone have the specs to do this or point me to a site that has the instructions?

Thanks,

CDX-350

2AK3350

</p>

Check this out.Worked for me.2950DX clarifier mod.The 2950DX and the 2970Dx are the same except for the addition of the power amp.

FT-857_web.jpg
Garth 9VE01 PE993 CDX993 Learn from others mistakes.You can not live long enough to make them all yourself.</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=qrn>QRN</A> 
globalWhite.gif
at: 10/27/03 4:28 pm

Thanks Hooty, I usually just set it up with the locals I know that are running good rigs. Problem is I don't have a freq counter of any value, I need to get me one.

CDX-350

2AK3350

</p>

good point FL native, but I've become a fan of unlocking the clarifier on my rigs, other than my hf's. Even the 2970's have a tad bit of drift, expecially in the mobile and cold climates. With the clarifier unlocked I can tune someone in I know and with me hearing them perfect, they're hearing me the same. It's just a personal preference.

Thanks Garth, I didn't think I would have to too much, but just in case, I I usually just put everything on frequency and tune the pot with the locals that I know the voices well and lock it down.

CDX-350

2AK3350

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.