• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Updated Home Station Pics

Get rid of that paint can and get yourself one of these.
birddummyload007.jpg

birddummyload.jpg

Yeah but your Bird dummy load only handles 500 watts. I need one that will handle 2KW for short periods. All I really use that for is quick tests, anyway...tune up the amp real quick, set some input levels for digital stuff/monitor mics, etc.

That 500 watt rating is for continuous use 24/7 365. 2000 watts for 30 seconds won't hurt it at all.

I've seen a YC-156 amp loaded into a Heath Cantenna. 8 kw test carrier. The oil was boiling after 45 seconds. Cantenna still works fine after a cool off. It sure has been beaten on though. Maybe it has been sold on ebay by now:)

Yeah but your Bird dummy load only handles 500 watts. I need one that will handle 2KW for short periods. All I really use that for is quick tests, anyway...tune up the amp real quick, set some input levels for digital stuff/monitor mics, etc.

I've keyed 1k avg into it for several minutes and barely any heat.

That 500 watt rating is for continuous use 24/7 365. 2000 watts for 30 seconds won't hurt it at all.

I've seen a YC-156 amp loaded into a Heath Cantenna. 8 kw test carrier. The oil was boiling after 45 seconds. Cantenna still works fine after a cool off. It sure has been beaten on though. Maybe it has been sold on ebay by now:)

10kw for 15 seconds wont hurt it !

I like that pride dx-300
How many watts does that little 4cx250b put out?

Actually the amp was altered to handle a 4cx300 tube, which it presently has in it. It'll put out 600+ watts without too much difficulty.

Nice, I like those pride's, its like a starter amp. when you move up to ceramic tubes. its a tiny little thing but it gets out fine. I wish i had one. I might get something bigger later on. If i get an amp I think it will be solid state and will probably be in the mobile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.