• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uv-5r questions with radio

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Things I am asking aren't in the manual.

Programming using CHIRP: how is it sorted top and bottom share the same memorys like the thf6?? If yes in group's of 10,20,30,40,50's ? Would like to add Ham freqs and police freqs, and scan seperate groups.

Monoband operation: how or what do I press to make display only show one band and not two ?

Why when going through menu changing power to 1 Watt after conformation it switches back to 5 Watts.!:thumbdown:
I've gone through the manual and its somewhat easy to understand. ....Roger beep ? Haha now that is freakn funny.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Programming using CHIRP: how is it sorted top and bottom share the same memorys like the thf6?? If yes in group's of 10,20,30,40,50's ? Would like to add Ham freqs and police freqs, and scan seperate groups.

Can't say; haven't done that yet . . .

Monoband operation: how or what do I press to make display only show one band and not two ?

That is both in the menu and in the software. It's a question of how you program it; it's in the manual . . .

Why when going through menu changing power to 1 Watt after conformation it switches back to 5 Watts.!:thumbdown:
I've gone through the manual and its somewhat easy to understand. ....Roger beep ? Haha now that is freakn funny.

Because the program data will over-ride the manually-entered data. That was mentioned in the manual too. . .

Read the manual again.
;)

Read the manual again.
;)

And again...and again.......and.................

Seriously, today's radio gear requires one to RTFM several times. Gone are the days when you can open the box, throw away the manual and get on the air with ease. I used to do just that and only consult the manual when something did not do what I thought it should have but those days are gone now.

And again...and again.......and.................

Seriously, today's radio gear requires one to RTFM several times. Gone are the days when you can open the box, throw away the manual and get on the air with ease. I used to do just that and only consult the manual when something did not do what I thought it should have but those days are gone now.

That habit is hard to break.

The fps manual doesnt make any sense !!!!!!!!!!!!! Its almost like it has dislexia or some shiet

Last edited:
noticed the contrast is set way too dark and all the 'legonds' appear on the screen even tho there not activated.

Hmm....

Manual read by me 6 times now and by 2 others. Still lost on monoband operation. Oh well atleast it didnt cost a lot.

My faverout:

aefe325c-e2ff-6e06.jpg

O.k. I have the UV-3R, so I may help on some of your questions. More questions can be answered by subscribing to the yahoo group for UV-3R or if they now have one for the UV-5r over there.

Monoband, disable DW (Dual Watch) in the menu.
5 watts, is it on the power plug?
and Chirp, I don't know.... never got it to work right for me, the programming software for my radio messed it up seriously bad, once I recovered it I was determined to not use it again.

O.k. I have the UV-3R, so I may help on some of your questions. More questions can be answered by subscribing to the yahoo group for UV-3R or if they now have one for the UV-5r over there.

Monoband, disable DW (Dual Watch) in the menu.
5 watts, is it on the power plug?
and Chirp, I don't know.... never got it to work right for me, the programming software for my radio messed it up seriously bad, once I recovered it I was determined to not use it again.

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I changed that in menu but display still showing two frequencys ? And when I scan once it stops on a channel to listen it doesn't continue scanning. I have subscribed to yahoo group.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio