• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"V" Configured CB Antenna?

Am a little confused. It appears the upright V has more gain and a lower takeoff angle than the inverted V. Is the better impedance match of the inverted V more important?

You see it right.

The V is basically higher than the inverted /\...even though both have the same 18' foot high feed point for the two V models I posted.

Imagine the two V's stacked with the feed points together.

V
/\

You see it right.

The V is basically higher than the inverted /\...even though both have the same 18' foot high feed point for the two V models I posted.

Imagine the two V's stacked with the feed points together.

V
/\

Thanks for all your help. Can always count on you.

Consider that the center-fed dipole (including vees, both regular and inverted) has its highest-current point right at the feedpoint. The greatest amount of signal is radiated from that feedpoint. It's generally best to have this point as high as possible.

Inverted vees are great when you only have one high point (tower, tree, whatever). "Normal" vees would require two high points, one for each end. The ends are low current points, but high voltage points.

Consider that the center-fed dipole (including vees, both regular and inverted) has its highest-current point right at the feedpoint. The greatest amount of signal is radiated from that feedpoint. It's generally best to have this point as high as possible.

Inverted vees are great when you only have one high point (tower, tree, whatever). "Normal" vees would require two high points, one for each end. The ends are low current points, but high voltage points.

Since this antenna will be made from two steel whips, a "normal" vee will only require a single high point rather than two. And with my piddly 15' mast and steep roof it should work better than being inverted or horizontal. Unless I'm missing something.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.