• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vertical coaxial antenna build.

Try the top section at 99", and put a choke (5 coax wraps on 4" former) at 96" down from the point you peeled off your braid from the top section. You likely want to start with the top a little long for trimming to tune.
Investigate the flower pot antenna for potentially helpful information.
I'll try that. I was looking for info on making a coaxial choke. Thanks

Reactions: HomerBB
I just made a second one of these antennas. Heard them called T2LT, sleeve dipole etc.. The first one was more... scrappy.. couldn't get the SWR nailed down..

This second one I just made out of RG58 I get a 1:1 match across the CB band. I used a quart size paint can to wind 5 turns for the choke (taped up and took the can out).

Anyone know what kind of gain these things could have? I see Callum over at DXCommander made a similar sleeve dipole for 10m and measured a 1.6db gain. Anyone have any gain on these? I would expect its like a dipole with ~0db gain, but? thanks.

My T2LT is still going strong. High winds and all. I was out making sure everything is ready for winter, and was wondering about the space between the antenna and the mast.

My mast is a 23ft extension/collapsible painters pole (Mr. Longarm) that sits on top of a 10ft toprail out on the side of the shed (so about 38ft up once you lift up 5ft off the ground). The extension pole is aluminum in the top two sections, and the toprail is also metal. right now I have a little rig at the top to stand the wire off the mast about 1ft because the metal just distorts the SWR if the antenna is too close.

Short of swapping my existing 23ft painters pole extension and buying a HF fiberglass vertical mast, is there anything I can do to more efficiently isolate the antenna from the metal mast sections? I would really like to secure the T2LT to the mast as if it were fiberglass or some other non-conductive material.. I do love the ability to just loosen the pole sections to slide them down :). PVC on the outside of the metal parts?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.