• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vintage Antenna rotor control

BT1%20Crr.JPG

BT1ro%20Rw.jpg

BT-1 Control only - Manual or automatic operation.
Automatic operation by way of 4 presets accessible from the front panel

Discontinued long ago...That rotor box was made for the BT-1 rotor only according to old CDE documentation

Appears to be a "White Elephant" control box...Have not found schematic but guessing they used different voltage and or switching NOT used in other CDE rotors:mad:
GL
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: S&W357 and RT431
Thanx Gary.
I kinda figured it was rare beast. Any idea of it's value? If it's not worth anything I'll sit on the shelf as a conversation piece.

Reactions: Crawdad
RT: Unless someone has that BT-1 rotor and has a bad or lost control box...Only worth what one was willing to pay for it...
So, toss up...looks like a HAMFEST table goodie, see what you get offered...
Put "queries" out looking for that rotor! (Again GL)
All the Best
Gary

PS: Norm says that was only made for like 3 years (1978 originally) (see date on yours 1979) ...they were made to turn Super Large Log Periodic TV Antennas old analog days. Hence the pre-sets

Last edited:
Reactions: walterjn and RT431
I would check the voltages on the rear terminal and compare them to what they should be for other CDE 4 wire rotors. iI would give you a better idea of if it is compatable with a different rotor or not. Just because the control box has presets doesn't necessarily mean that the rotor itself is specifically designed for it.
4 wire rotors are not known for their robustness in design. They are usually pretty light duty rotors.

Reactions: RT431
I acquired a BT-1 series 3 rotor and AS-50 controller at a hamfest. The box is similar to the one in the picture, but has a black case and 2 trim pots on the face. Now, prepping to install it, I find that one of the limits does not stop the motor. It hits the travel stop and keeps on humming away.
Does anyone have a manual I can look at?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.