• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vintage CB stuff

Smokinone

WDX-3820
Jun 24, 2020
Southern Nevada
Interesting site. Just ran across it goofing around. Radios were quite expensive really, considering as a serviceman making about $400 a month, and having a $200 a month car payment. (1976)

That's a nostalgic trip down memory lane, I remember the Royce radio strapped to a paint shaker.
I bought a 23 channel Midland 13-895 SSB radio, the price tag was $340, that was a lot of gas pumping and tire changing.
The part about the FCC and skip is some great stuff.
"
But we know that unwanted distant signals will sometimes show up on your radio. While the FCC is studying this problem very carefully, the solution will not be an easy one to find
"
Studying the problem very carefully.......
Now that's funny.

Jeff

Pretty neat article, I remember growing up as a little boy that my parents 1986 Cadillac had the Delco GM CB/ 8 track combo unit,it was my first CB radio I ever talked on and I was hooked ever since,Brings back Good Memories!!

73's

Reactions: Smokinone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.