• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vintage Shure Brothers mic

jumpered the transducers today to test sound quality, the Yaesu sounded great, nice rich tone , sideband was pegging the pep meter using my quiet voice, it had been replaced at some point evident by the crappy (failed) soldering attempt and what ever this is (mini-transformer?) was patched in, tested it it without this thing in, will do test with it installed before doing anything else, I fit the transducer into an old ranger mic, will post up pics again of the finished mic
the Shure Brothers transducer was amazing, could hear my breath , super sensitive and sideband pegged pep meter with my quiet voice, has a little hum (reverb) when you key up I can live with, the cord is bad and has to replaced, using a donor cord from a cheap cobra mic once I figure out how to wire it.....IMG_20210129_182011082.jpg

I recently acquired this Skyline, cannot find anything online about it.Screenshot_20210226-173236_eBay.jpg
I'm also eyeballing this Shure Bros unit Screenshot_20210226-173316_eBay.jpg

I think they're pretty cool, gonna need someone to wire them up for me and see how it goes.....I like what you did.

Reactions: Christopher17

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.