• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

*****VIRUS INFECTED LINK IN A THREAD*****

Dmans

Jan 22, 2017
Georgia
Administrators,
I got a virus last night when clicking a link in post #10 of the thread link below.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/courier-galaxy-vi-the-good-the-bad.144999/

It is a Microsoft Edge virus that is a sort of "ransom ware" virus. An announcement plays audibly telling the user to immediately call an "866" number for instructions. The only way to get out of the message is using the "Task Manager". There are Google instructions on how to clear your device of the virus. I haven't done that yet but have disconnected that computer from the internet.

73's
David

I've ran across some virus's like that in the past clicking on links in old posts (not necessarily on this site tho) but found I could get out by just manually pushing the OFF button on the computer, and then turning it back on...Virus would lock-up all the functions so I couldn't just hit the restart key...had to push the main power button or unplug the computer.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.