• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Voyage VR 9000 What do you guys think??

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I'm thinking about buying a Voyage VR 9000. I believe this is a Galaxy 88 clone except it is missing the mic gain control.

My question is, what do you guys think about this radio? Does it have dual finals? Also what is the output? I heard it's just as reliable as the old Galaxy 88.

Thanks for the help!

I ran one in the early 2000's and it was a great radio. would still be using it but a tornado took it and my truck in 2003. will put out 40 watts just fine. a little more if peaked but 40 is fine. has dual finals or at least the one I had did.

Loved mine except for the color of the display. Very well performing radio and yes peaked mine did about 40-45 watt. Pair it with a 636 mic and it sounds great. I am looking for a new radio and had forgot about the voyage, Thanks for the reminder but you might want to consider the Magnum 257HP also it's more power and not that much more in price and from what I've read much more stable. Don't get me wrong the display is fine ecxept the funny orange-green color....You will have to see it yourself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.