• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Voyager 99CW

CrazyD

Sep 25, 2012
Houston Texas
Just picked up a Voyager 99CW cpu controlled radio it looks nice has amazing am swing just asking if anyone has any info on this radio it seems like a complete package i already know how to change the bands on the radio thats about it.:bdh::headbang

I have one. Got it new in the box. Good dual final radio with SSB at first. Reminds me a lot of a Galaxy. Figured out how to convert it as per the Northstar 9000 instructions so they may be very similar.

Had it aligned and it worked really well. Noticed there is some minor noise generated by the nice 6 digit frequency display but I thought I read somewhere that some other Galaxies had that issue but I forget how to remedy it.

It has now developed some weird digital noise and is off frequency, both on channels 13 & 14 AM. They are our local channels so I'll take it back to R & R to break their seal and check to see if it's something simple.

Hope they can figure out what would cause the digital noise and why I would have to vary the clarifier so much only on one or two channels, but all the other channels are fine.

seems odd that its just them 2 channels im going to use this one for ssb mostly just wanted to find out what is out there on this radio so far i know its a 3600 clone and its got 3 names Northstar 9000, Voyager 99CW, Voyager 990CW but finding any real info is hard seems odd reminds me of a old base i used to own called a Superstar 3900B hard to find info on that radio too.

I have one. Got it new in the box. Good dual final radio with SSB at first. Reminds me a lot of a Galaxy. Figured out how to convert it as per the Northstar 9000 instructions so they may be very similar.

Had it aligned and it worked really well. Noticed there is some minor noise generated by the nice 6 digit frequency display but I thought I read somewhere that some other Galaxies had that issue but I forget how to remedy it.

It has now developed some weird digital noise and is off frequency, both on channels 13 & 14 AM. They are our local channels so I'll take it back to R & R to break their seal and check to see if it's something simple.

Hope they can figure out what would cause the digital noise and why I would have to vary the clarifier so much only on one or two channels, but all the other channels are fine.

This is a birdie, generated by the radio, it is common in almost all Galaxy radios and clones.

Can the 'birdie" be tuned out? I wouldn't even mind if was moved to another bank of channels. It wipes out my 13 and 14.

Seems odd that it was working okay then one day that digital noise cropped up. Makes me wonder if I was keyed on by a big, big radio when I was on the road. I've heard that someone running big, big watts can ruin your receive? If so what would it take out?

Got mine off the bay also. It was not converted yet and yes it took some searching to find out how to do it. Nice looking radio.

i can only find the Voyager 990CW for sale its 275$ for the radio looks the same but power output is only half of what the Voyager 99CW is its a odd one for sure.

Do these have the same typical oscillator problem where the eventually warble on SSB like the Galaxy 88 and 99?? Also these are a 4 pin Microphone correct??

they dont have the warble on ssb mode, they do have a 4 pin connector, its actually the same board as a northpoint ns9000

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.