• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8R APRS Questioin regarding tone.

br9613

Apr 27, 2011
It seems that you cant transmit to a repeater that utilizes a tone when you have APRS running. Also is ther any quicker way to turn off APRS instead of having to disable the modem. Im sure this question has come up but I recently bought the radio and dont understand whty it wont let you change the tone setting while in APRS. I realize that APRS doesnt us the feature but is there a way to have it set for just that one frequency therfore allowing all other frequencies to be able to access the tone feature. Thnks for any help in advance.

It seems that you cant transmit to a repeater that utilizes a tone when you have APRS running.

Of course you can.:) APRS runs independently on the B Band. You can transmit tones and such on the A Band. The only time that transmit is interrupted is when the radio beacons or you transmit, one cuts off the other.

Also is ther any quicker way to turn off APRS instead of having to disable the modem.

One quick way is to just turn the B Band off by holding the A Band button for 2 seconds. That is what I do if I don't want the radio to beacon. It saves me steps.

Hope this helps.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.