• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8r Blue Tooth

Marc Duncan

Mar 17, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone bought the blue tooth card?

Does it work well?

Will a regular cell phone ear piece work with it?

HRO told me today, 2 April, that headset rigs are not shipping yet.

Thanks!

Marc

I've heard that some regular headsets work well, but not the Yaesu's...

I've heard that the regular cell phone type bluetooth headsets work fine, just not the ones that yaesu shipped. I didn't buy the bluetooth option because I want it to do more for the money than just make it a hands free unit.

4 so far work fine

I've tried mine with about 4 units now, all of work fine:

WX 100 (Sennheiser)
Jabra 250V
Sony PS3 Headset
Plantronics (I forget the model number -- hooks around the ear with the short boom)

Oh, and another Sony headset. Don't recall the model number, it basically looks like a light saber.

It only seems to remember one at a time -- once you pair it with a different one, it doesn't remember the prior one. Sometimes also, it doesn't give you a visual representation that it's paired -- but the BT unit will start receiving.

For all units, it's got a wierd little "tickle" at the end of each received transmission. Vox works very well for all; so well I've opted to turn it off in leu of PTT (that works on the BT set -- push once to transmit, push again to stop transmit).

Lemme know if you've got more questions.

By the way, this is my first post! Hi!

That's great news

Thanks KE7Tuesday

That's great news. I'll order the blutooth card tonight.

The several times that I've needed my radio for work, the environment has been very noisy and there is so much person to person communications going on that I don't hear the radio.

The blue tooth earpiece will help me a whole bunch in those situations.

Thanks again!

Marc Duncan

If you order the BU-1 Bluetooth card make sure to order the Connector Board and an extra Sealer Plate.

HRO sent me the BU-1 card without these.

Marc Duncan

Pairing the Blue Teeth

Pairing the blue teeth.

Per the instructions on page 72, I pressed the v/m button but nothing happens.

The radio is set to the 6111 pin, but still no-go.

Can anyone offer advise on pairing?

Marc Duncan

Crazy,

I have a Jabra earpiece that will pair-up but it does not receive. When I ppt the red tx light comes on but no one can hear me.

I have a Plantronics that will pair-up. It will receive audio but the ppt will not engage and make the red tx ligh come on.

Yaesu tech support said the only ear piece that they've been able to use is the Blue Ant Z9I.

Yaesu Tech support did tell me the Yaesu BH-1 and BH-2 are working now and available from our favorite retailers.

Apparently, the BH-1 and BH-2 were not previously working.

I really don't want a boom! I wish my existing earpieces would work. But if I can't get them working soon I'll have to buy a new one.

Marc Duncan

White Button on Side of Card

Does anyone know what the white button on the side of the blu tooth card is?

I noticed it when I installed the card, and of course I had to push it.

New Bluetooth

I have noticed that the bluetooth headsets that now work with vx-8r are called the BH-1A and the BH-2A. I don't know what changes were made to make them work, but they are now available. :D

Bluetooth problem?

I just received the BT board and am able to pair with my Motorola HS850 but...the internal VX-8R microphone is not disabled so there is a massive echo when I transmit (or so I am told). The internal speaker is muted.

It seems that since the BT headset is recognized and basically works, why would the microphone not mute?

Every time I turn off my BT headset I have to manually re-pair to get them pairing again. So I assume that it is kinda working but not completely. Is that what it sounds like to you?

Thanks,
Scott

Have you tried messing with the VOX menu function # 108?

It give you option for off, low and high...gain I guess.

I'm still messing with my two ear pieces. So they are both pairing but both have only partiel functionality.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.