• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8r Blue Tooth

YIKES!

I just got it working on my plantronics ear piece. But I didn't know it for a minute or so.

Eveyrone else in greater Raleigh knew it though! I looked over and saw the red tx light.

Becareful to set the Bluetooth menu # 17 setting to #17/vox:ptt.

I had mine on #17/vox:vox high. It worked great though!

I think I'll practice with one of the kids frs radios first!

I haven't came across the answer anywhere yet. This is for those of you who have the bluetooth module installed into their VX-8R. Are you able to use the mic on the radio or the speaker mic to talk back while listening using a bluetooth ear piece? Reason I ask is that i have a custom bluetooth ear piece, but the mic on it sucks. Thanks...

If you order the BU-1 Bluetooth card make sure to order the Connector Board and an extra Sealer Plate.

HRO sent me the BU-1 card without these.

Marc Duncan

Oh snap! I've had my radio for over a year now and I've finally decided to start using the Bluetooth functionality of it. I know the original packaging came with the connector board (I can even see it in my mind), but I cannot for the life of me find it. Does anyone know if I can order one of these?

Oh snap! I've had my radio for over a year now and I've finally decided to start using the Bluetooth functionality of it. I know the original packaging came with the connector board (I can even see it in my mind), but I cannot for the life of me find it. Does anyone know if I can order one of these?

Nevermind... I ended up ordering a new one directly from Yaesu. The old part number was : CB4392001. I guess the new part number is : CB4805001. The old part number is listed in the users manual.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.