• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8r - LIST ONLY- Blue Tooth Ear Pieces - DO WORK

Marc,

When you use this Plantronics headset, do you have to manually pair to the radio everytime you want to use it or does it automatically pair (after initially setting it up)?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

It automatically pairs by it's self. But it does take 30-40 seconds.

It works great too but I need to find another model. This Plantonic earpiece flashes a blue light that is so bright it blinds people when I'm in a dark environment.

Bluetooth unit that work with VX-8

Hi Scott,

It automatically pairs by it's self. But it does take 30-40 seconds.

It works great too but I need to find another model. This Plantonic earpiece flashes a blue light that is so bright it blinds people when I'm in a dark environment.

Try the Jabra JX20..no flashing lights, small, bonded well with my VX-8..took about 20 seconds initially. I will admit I have not been able to get it to pair automatically yet, but it is such a simple few steps to redo the initial pairing sequence I have just been doing that...

Plantronics Discovery 640 and 925 sync and work

FYI, the Jawbone II that I have does sync, but it will not key up the radio unless I turn Noise Assassin off. I do this, then the radio keys up and remains up until I turn Noise Assassin back on.

The Discovery headsets appear to be working; I haven't yet carried on a conversation.

Hi!
Has anyone experience of pairing VX-8r with ScalaRider Q2 or any other bt-set for motorcycle usage ?

Sri - this was list only..

./sepi

Try the Jabra JX20..no flashing lights, small, bonded well with my VX-8..took about 20 seconds initially. I will admit I have not been able to get it to pair automatically yet, but it is such a simple few steps to redo the initial pairing sequence I have just been doing that...

My JX20 is on it's way...looks like a sweet piece of technology, I like the way it turns on and off, hope it pairs with my 8DR ok...thanks for the reco.

Oly :D

Plantronics Voyager Pro Works... But

Hi Folks,

Got the voyager pro a while ago, and works pretty well
with the VX8.

However, if you leave the radio in one place, and go out
of range, when you come back in... you will be transmitting!!:headbang

Fortunately, I didn't say anything <very> awkward, but everybody
commented on my conversations with my kids!

Don't really care for the PTT interface, and VOX can get you
into trouble quick! But, don't guess there's really any better
way to do it. Would be nice to have a 'normal' PTT... push to
talk, and let go to release xmtr. That may not be possible with
BT tho. Don't know.

Beware!!

Tim W5FN

Motorola HS820

Got it to work w/ the FTM-350; since it's the same BT unit in the VX-8, I assume it will work there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.