• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8R Problem

Brandon1

Mar 22, 2010
Youngsville, NC
Not a big problem, and its only intermittent. Today I was listening to my local fire band in the truck when the band got quiet, so I put it in the cupholder. The radio kinda slipped out of my hand and landed in the cupholder, a total drop of maybe 4in. It cut off, and turned back on again. For the next few minutes I could merely touch the battery and it would shut off. I let it sit for another few minutes, and it was fine again.

Any idea? Call Yaesu? I just did the expanded tx mod, hope that isnt anything to do with it.

I had the same problem with mine shortly after I got it. When I would hold the battery just right, the radio would restart itself. It got to be rather annoying so I sent it in. I'm not sure what they fixed, but it's never done it again.

The turn around was really pretty quick, but that of course depends on how many people are ahead of you. I think they had it fixed within a week and sent back on it's way.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.