• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8r Tutorial/Instructional Videos

Marc Duncan

Mar 17, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hello All,

I'm a new HAM and on day 2 with my new VX-8r.

Learning this radio will be a big flat learning curve for me and I suspect for many others like me.

If you sharp guys got together and produced a video tutorial I bet it would sell!

I know I would buy it!

Marc

Well, that's kind of why we have the forum...to help people. Think of the site like one big tutorial...everyone helping everyone else :)

Yes and Thank You/HAM the New Tool for Emergency Management !

Yes, the forum is FANTASTIC!

Thank you so much to everyone for all of the hard work.

Also, Thank You everyone for raising the bar. All members are supportive of each other and have kept this forum informational but fun and not draged it down with negative remarks.

I am an Emergency Management Coordinator. I've been in a confrence all week with managers of varius response planning agencies from across our state. Repeatedly this week the HAM option has been overlooked in communication scenarios as it's considered a exclusive luxury.

However, eliminating the CW requirement for Tech's has created an opportunity for a HAM solution in many scenarios.

This forum will educate people like me so that HAM can realize it's potential in Emergency Management and in our communities.

Thank you all !

Marc

Marc,

I'm a very active MARS member. I'm not sure where you live, but if you haven't made a connection with a local MARS agency, you should as an Emergency Management Coordinator. RACES, ARES are all great, but MARS is military and is very organized and (mostly) well trained. The other thing that's important is that MARS is your long distance, out of region communications link. RACES, ARES, and the others are great for local emergency communications, but MARS has a whole system set up to make sure you can get a message out on HF to FEMA or other agencies for help if you need it. Maybe you know all this already, but someone might find it useful. Lately I've run into quite a few people in emergency communications programs that had no idea what MARS was capable of and were quite impressed when they found out.

MARS

Thanks!

I will look for a MARS group. I'm in Raleigh about an hour north of Ft Bragg. There would probably be a group there. Thank you!

I would be great to build them into civilian exersices, if just for the benefit of cross polination.

Thank you again!

Marc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.