• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX8R- How do you delete Digipaths?

Have you tried the operating manual page 44 or page 95 way???

Fixed my problem I have the programing software that allows you to change them, there is no way to do it in the radio by itself. Yes I've tried the manual and even talked to the tech at Yeasu, there comment was "that's interesting".

This worked for me

I get the space ONLY on the last valid digit of the entry. Inbetween - no spaces. So you have to delete from the end to the front... :headbang

I went to the last valid CHARACTER of DIGIPATH 3, where I had entered WIDE2 - 2. I first rotated the dial to eliminate the '- 2' so that I was left with WIDE2_ where '_' was blank or a space character.

I pressed BAND to backspace and was now on '2'. I rotated the dial counter clockwise and found a space character. I pressed BAND and '2' was replaced with '-'. I continued until all characters I entered were replace with '-'

I went to the last valid CHARACTER of DIGIPATH 3, where I had entered WIDE2 - 2. I first rotated the dial to eliminate the '- 2' so that I was left with WIDE2_ where '_' was blank or a space character.

I pressed BAND to backspace and was now on '2'. I rotated the dial counter clockwise and found a space character. I pressed BAND and '2' was replaced with '-'. I continued until all characters I entered were replace with '-'

I just wanted to say that this worked for me. It seems as if the blank character shows up when you start from the last character of your digipath. It doesn't show up if you start from the beginning. When you're down to the final character, "------" becomes an option.

What a quirky way to delete a digipath...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.