• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

W9WDX Homebrew D-Star repeater running new software

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
This past weekend, I changed the software that I'm using for the W9WDX D-STAR repeater from WinDV (DV-Node) over to the G4KLX software. The two applications I'm using to run the repeater are called "IRCDDBGateway" and "GMSK Repeater"

I decided to change the software due to a problem I found where WinDV thought it was still connected to a reflector even when you told it to disconnect. The result was that it gave an error that local users were "doubling" with reflector users.

The G4KLX software is really slick. He updates the code every few weeks and it runs on both Windows and Linux. He also has an application that will let you work D-Star with just your computer (more on this later).

This stuff is really pretty easy to get going - anyone that wants to dabble in D-Star should really think about trying this out.

Reactions: 1 person

It's MUCH cleaner & quicker linking and unlinking now, but the really cool benefit is that I didn't have to wait for the repeater to drop to unlink. On the old software with a couple of long winded "OM's" yacking away, you could be 10-15 minutes trying to get the unlink command in between them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.