• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wake Up, Kenwood!

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
I love my Yaesu FTDX-3000D. Absolutely love it.
And the Icom 7300 is still kicking butt in sales. A LOT of radio for less than $1000.

Why isn’t Kenwood paying attention? (n)

Their TS-590SG is a great radio. I had one. Thought I’d never change. Saw no need to. It did everything well. And looked great. BUT, I kept watching videos of radios with scopes and thought how nice it must be to see where the activity is on any given band in real time. So I finally relented and made a change.

To get a Kenwood with a built-in spectrum scope/waterfall, one has to pay over $3000 and get the 890S. :eek:

I’ve never worked in marketing or sales, but . . . o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Yep. Time to step up to the plate.

Hook an SDR to the 590, just as good. It's even easier with the SG. I balked at scopes, but not now. Be hard to use one without. I believe my 7610 is a forever keeper. I definitely would like to see another all mode from Kenwood. I like my 590, but the NB is crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackcat630

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned