• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wanna turn your radio room or house into a faraday cage ?

B

BOOTY MONSTER

Maximum PC | Coming Soon: Affordable Wi-Fi Blocking Wallpaper

" ...... The silver triangle snowflake-esque design may or may not be your cup of tea, but the French publications L'Informaticien and The Connexion report that it's actually the wallpaper's secret sauce. The geometric shapes are coated in conductive ink made with silver particles that block three separate Wi-Fi frequencies. If you don't like it, the creators say slapping a layer of more eye-friendly wallpaper over it won't damage its signal-blocking capabilities. Tin-foil hat types may even want to coat the walls in Wi-Fi-blocking paint before applying the Wi-Fi blocking wallpaper to get twice the protection, or, er, something. ...... "

Reactions: 1 person

Just line the walls with aluminum foil or screen. We had an AM transmitter site that had three large towers in the middle of a big open field which made it an easy target for lightning. The transmitter house had a Faraday cage made out of 1/4 hardware cloth "heavy screen". It was embedded in the walls, ceiling, and floor and connected to the main station ground. Many times I would be engaged in a cell phone conversation and forget about it and walk inside the building only to drop the call. It was like night and day just moving inside the door from the outside.

as far as i'm aware cinemas have been blocking mobiles for years, but to do it in your house is madness, if you have an emergency and your house phone is knocked out by say fire, your fucked for using your mobile too.

as far as i'm aware cinemas have been blocking mobiles for years, but to do it in your house is madness, if you have an emergency and your house phone is knocked out by say fire, your fucked for using your mobile too.

If the fire is bad enough to take out my wired house phone I wouldn't be hanging around inside to see if my mobile phone worked. :whistle:

Reactions: 1 person
My house is already RF proof! When it was built in 1951, the only insulation they used here in Alabama was a foil backed craft paper wrap on the outside (foil facing out) and the same wrap on the inside. (foil facing in).
The same foil was tacked up (foil side in) on the ceiling joists before the sheet rock was installed.
About 6 or 7 years back, I also replaced the shingle roof with a metal roof.

You have to be really crafty where you place an FM radio and getting my 2 weather radios to receive signals from 50 miles away is a real PITA.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.