• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Want to get a CB setup in my pickup

a cobra 25.....modded to swing about 18/ 20 watts......loud........$65 shipped

a uniden 68....same mod..............even louder...........$75 shipped

Ok here is what I have found from another guy...what do you all think?

Thanks,
Casey

OR, here's another one I've come accross.... 1982 Cobra 21 LTD , Same board as the 25s and 66s ...the radio is in Excellent Condition with mic and bracket and heavy duty 3 prong power cord ......It can be tuned anyway you would like. Swing Kit ? basic tune ? or stock ? I'd need to know. Anyway you would like it ,it would be shipped Priority Mail 2 to 3 days at your door 50.00 total cost.

What do you guys think of that? Should I consider that with the cobra 25 and the unidens listed above this post???

Thanks,
Casey

45F7A183-BAA7-4286-BD81-51CCA2E58EE1.jpeg 5A9773B4-1533-4011-965E-6ECB0CF8CF5D.jpeg I’m running to Stryker 655 in my 2015 dodge ram 1500 4 x 4 match to a striker A-10 magnet mount antenna With a less than one SWR I’m using eight gauge wire power wire straight to the battery negative wire driver side mid frame I still have engine noise I’ve tried the ground wire in different places and this is the place where the noise is least should I now try ferrite beads on my ignition wires or what thanks for the replies

Last edited:
I’m running to Stryker 655 in my 2015 dodge ram 1500 4 x 4 match to a striker A-10 magnet mount antenna With a less than one SWR I’m using eight gauge wire power wire straight to the battery negative wire driver side mid frame I still have engine noise I’ve tried the ground wire in different places and this is the place where the noise is least should I now try ferrite beads on my ignition wires or what thanks for the replies

The old thread might not pan out well for you.

On my Dodge pickups - 2005 Hemi and 2018 Cummins - Bonding the hood on both hinges was helpful.

I used RG213 braid with soldered ring terminals, along with star washers at the factory bolts on the ‘18, and I made new holes with self tapping screws on the ‘05. Both methods seemed equally effective.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Its not a pickup, but hope this helps. I had a Dodge Charger SXT 2010 3.5 liter 6 cylinder. I ran a mag mount on the trunk. I had the trunk lid grounded. I still heard some engine noise that varied with RPMs. I tried the Magnum noise filter for the power line. It cleared everything up. The filter is still made just different name maybe TopGun or Workman. The power was running from the line going to the cigarette lighter socket, I spliced into it under the dash for the radio power. I thought I was getting noise from the ignition or injectors.

View attachment 37874 View attachment 37875 I’m running to Stryker 655 in my 2015 dodge ram 1500 4 x 4 match to a striker A-10 magnet mount antenna With a less than one SWR I’m using eight gauge wire power wire straight to the battery negative wire driver side mid frame I still have engine noise I’ve tried the ground wire in different places and this is the place where the noise is least should I now try ferrite beads on my ignition wires or what thanks for the replies
Should I ground the radio mount somewhere

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.