• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WANTED.....COBRA 148 GTL DX or SUPERSTAR 360FM CHROME BEZELS

I've been calling various manufacturers trying to find a reasonably priced source as i need a few myself... No luck, no help... Only Place I've found any is FeeBay, and they want to much for them....

BEZELS

I've been calling various manufacturers trying to find a reasonably priced source as i need a few myself... No luck, no help... Only Place I've found any is FeeBay, and they want to much for them....

Your having better luck than me,ive not found any on Feebay only the Superstar 3900 sort but no Cobra or Superstar bezels

Are the bezels youve found on Feebay original

EBAY BEZELS

I'd be satisfied to find a used bezel/faceplate for the Uniden Grant XL I'm restoring.
I know that eBay has some faceplates; dunno about the 148 DX - tho...

Yes ive seen some 3900 chrome bezels on Feebay but not any original Cobra or Superstar bezels,if possible im after new or mint

Ive got the Faceplates but no Bezels & it seems there very difficult to obtain

Thousands of Cobra 148 Gtl-DX & Superstar 360FM radios were made but the spare bezels & other parts dont seem to be avaliabe anywhere :confused:

Ive even searched on Taiwan websites for the bezels where the Cobra & Superstar were made without luck

Oh well,ill keep searching

Thankyou for the info (y)

Watch the second link, thats a Front Mic.... Yea you will have a tough time with an original.... the 3900 ones work ok, a bit on the cheapie side.... Obviously the front mic in the second link is about useless.....

Only real practical choice is the 3900 bezel, or watch for NOS....

I lucked out and picked up 2 NOS grant face/bezels, guy had 20 of them, ALL gone now, they sold for 11-50 dollars, I managed to snipe both of mine, 11 and 15.00 Wish he had more... Also a PITA to find decent black cases, most of them are like the 3900 bezels cheaply made...

Good luck in your search, if I run acrossed any I'll update, my search continues.......

Watch the second link, thats a Front Mic.... Yea you will have a tough time with an original.... the 3900 ones work ok, a bit on the cheapie side.... Obviously the front mic in the second link is about useless.....

Only real practical choice is the 3900 bezel, or watch for NOS....

I lucked out and picked up 2 NOS grant face/bezels, guy had 20 of them, ALL gone now, they sold for 11-50 dollars, I managed to snipe both of mine, 11 and 15.00 Wish he had more... Also a PITA to find decent black cases, most of them are like the 3900 bezels cheaply made...

Good luck in your search, if I run acrossed any I'll update, my search continues.......

Thankyou for the info,ive seen those 3900 bezels,they dont fit properley onto a Cobra & like you say they are cheaply made

I find it strange why theres just no original spares for the Cobra 148 gtl dx or the Superstar 360fm anywhere

I sure there be a lock up full of bezels in Taiwan,i hope anyway lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.