• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanted: SSB unit: send downunder please

Hey Tony, I'm in Sydney. eBay has a few old school radios pop up, they seem to go for serious $$$. Dunno where these buyers are using them but 11m is pretty dead most of the time. I'd love it to pick up, but the good ole days of the late 70's to mid 80's are a fond memory. Let me know where you intend to hang out and I'll keep an ear out.
Nice to hear from you. I will find a quite channel and send out a call, maybe skip to Sydney. Feel free to email me. Wont get on the air until Christmas I expect. Gott track down an antenna now. Maybe a 1/2 or 14/ wave for now. tonynemo88@gmail.com

Australia: Need: President Grant, Cobra, Pearce Simpson, MIdland, Galaxy, whatever??. I would like a working unit with reasonable output 10-20 watts. Everyone here in Australia is using UHF, no long distance! I used to CQDX in the 80s (Skyhawk 22) (Realistic with 1/2 wave Dipole). Now hoping to get back on the air with a real CB. I can use Pay Pal for payment and will cover cost for shipping. Please reply if you have something to part with and photo of unit on thanks.

What a friendly bunch of people, on this site..thank you all. Will try to stay in touch, probably get addicted again and want more equip etc. Stay Tuned...

There is only one place left in in Oz to buy a decent antenna:

http://shockwaveantennas.com.au/

Ive had one of their 58 / .64 antennas for about 5 years, getting about 40-50km local coverage and daily 9+ to the east cost nsw / qld from here (kalgoorlie wa) using 12 watts. Mounted about 4 metres above the house which is located in flat desert countryside.

Gets pretty windy here at night, antenna bends around a bit but has never broken or failed.

Loz!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.