• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanted Turner plus 3

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
Hoping to find a square deal on on a good condition Turner Plus 3 / Plus 3 b

Years ago I got off the air and sold my pristine Plus 3 and regretted it always.

Gettkng back into the hobby and must have one. Trouble is every one I see is junk or requires my firstborn as a down payment.

If anyone has a decent one sitting around please let me know!

Reactions: barefootindian

I was never a fan of the Super sidekick due to lack of the compression circuitry but people swear by them for SSB!

Since I run SSB and AM the plus three is a better fit for me. Never had any SSB contacts complain about my audio. But then I dont have the mic vol cranked to the sky either.

I've got a few Turner microphones. For SSB I get the best reports with the Turner +2.

Just to give you an idea my buddy says the 50 year old +2 sounds fuller than my modern Heil icm mic.;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.