• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wards 702

HeadHunter

WA8OCL
Apr 24, 2011
WTB Looking for a Wards 702 40Ch AM base. With stock hand mic. Non modified preferred. Prefer working but........ I had one back in the 80's and sold it. DUHH! lol
Picture enclosed for reference.

Last edited:

I recently bought a Wards 702 at a garage sale and just bought it for the condition it was in and the looks. It is in real good shape. I have not tried it yet. The seller said it worked fine the last time he used it. I have several cb radios and probably don't need all of them. I am willing to sell this one.

Not necessarily true. Don't know how many 70's era base and mobile radios I've saved from going to the landfill that worked like new as found. All of the CB manufacturers made their stuff to last back in that era. If anything, it's the 90's and later stuff that I pick up that seems to have the mysterious "basket case" problems.

The bottom line is - anything 30 + years old is going to need a lot of work just to put it back into working condition.

First time on. To Headhunter; I have a Wards 702 in real good shape, if you are still in the market. I have not tried it out yet, but from the looks and the owner said it worked fine the last time he used it. I can try it out tomorrow ( Sunday ) and see if it works as good as it looks. Original mike. Does not look like it has ever been opened or tinkered with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.