• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Was there, " A Golden-age for CB radios"?

I would argue that we are now in the golden age of cb radio.

We have new technology, smaller radios capable of amazing functions, and years of experience now to assist us in the hobby.

In terms of the on-air experience I think it's also the golden age there. The number of operators has decreased enough that the airwaves are less chaotic than they were 20 years ago. It's easier to find an open channel and shooting dx isn't as much of a pileup as it used to be.

The overall community is smaller now and more tightly knit so people know each other better.

I remember the old days when there were yahoos on every channel almost 24hrs day. I think less people and new technology has made this the golden age.

I would argue that we are now in the golden age of cb radio.

We have new technology, smaller radios capable of amazing functions, and years of experience now to assist us in the hobby.

In terms of the on-air experience I think it's also the golden age there. The number of operators has decreased enough that the airwaves are less chaotic than they were 20 years ago. It's easier to find an open channel and shooting dx isn't as much of a pileup as it used to be.

The overall community is smaller now and more tightly knit so people know each other better.

I remember the old days when there were yahoos on every channel almost 24hrs day. I think less people and new technology has made this the golden age.

I can appreciate your viewpoint on the topic and would agree. NOW is the Golden Age from this angle. The ops from yesteryear who stayed with it are the good guys. They've seen it all and done most of it themselves. There was a lot of the rif raf crowd back in the day but they mostly fell out when the fad thing of CB radio ended. A lot of the noobies who chance to get into radio now gain the benefit of the combined experience of us 70's ops who hung around. A lot of the guys got in and out of the hobby, some several times and a great many of them went on to become hams. Very many still do both and enjoy the extra fun and freedom that you only find in CB Land
interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.