• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Washington mayhem

Mark Malcomb

Nov 27, 2019
Gentlemen I am now frustrated, I am not a radio tech, however I've been a avionics tech for 25 years. I have found my old washington had no audio, I found nothing inside suspicious. TX works, freq counter was good
Opened old lolipop checked output with a small audio amp. nothing. I went on Ebay and bought 2 working Washington's One had a D104-Tug9 and they work. My old radio was free to me but very modified by a mad scientist. It has a tug108 stand. I installed a w2eny element. still no output. Dont know how to repair my frankenstien mic. This radio kicked but in 1988. Guess i'm attached to it and stubborn I want to rewire the whole damn mic. However will it work with radio. it supplies the 9V. Many wires are clipped and jumpers
installed. Damn some mics cost more than the radio. I know possibly advise would say throw it out. I cant seem to do that. I need another mad scientist who can help. Sorry for long winded message. and yes I type like crap
Thanks to All.

Reactions: S&W357

OK guys That was terrible bloody post. I should have said "does anyone want to make some money!" I'm pissed off and can't type worth a darn, However I talk just fine

d104_3wireschematic_tug8.jpg

d104-to-uniden-washington-5-pin-wiring-diagram-2.jpg

The mic must be wired correctly, otherwise, you may have no RX/TX
Do any of the other mics make the radio work correctly?

d104_3wireschematic_tug8.jpg

d104-to-uniden-washington-5-pin-wiring-diagram-2.jpg

The mic must be wired correctly, otherwise, you may have no RX/TX
Do any of the other mics make the radio work correctly?
No they use all 5 wires. The tug8 just 3 and a shield I did try it. No luck. The radio worked awsome in 1988 when I boxed it up. My ground plane blew done. Moved to az pulled it out and bummer. It xt on freq. And rx with audio. However no audio out. I use another Washington next to it no antenna to rx. Then I swap and audio comes out my bad radio. I really think it's the mic. Damn it was crazy wired. 9 volts comes in on pin 3 the amp has 2 transistors which biased ok. As easy as I thought it became a nightmare. Thank you for a response... Malcomb

i1005315.jpg
spacer5.gif
spacer5.gif
spacer5.gif

border_corner_bl_2.gif
endcap_2.gif
border_corner_br_2.gif

spacer5.gif

border_corner_tl_2.gif
topcap_2.gif
border_corner_tr_2.gif

spacer5.gif
spacer5.gif
spacer5.gif

spacer5.gif

ASTATIC TUG9
spacer5b.gif

Product #:

Description:
The TUG9D104 is a combination of the original super talk-power D104 microphone with a transistorized rugged, versatileTUG9 Stand. The result is an ideal base station microphone for CB, Amateur or other communication applications. Its low impedance output matches any transceiver. The tailored response and high gain ensures excellent talk-power and intelligibility -

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-28_22-38-9.gif
    upload_2019-12-28_22-38-9.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 11

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated