• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Washington Terrible hum/squeal on SSB TX

liquidh8

Aug 7, 2011
Ok, So I haven't been talking on my Washington (858pll) for some time since I got the Saturn and the HR2510. But, when i did, it would squeal/hum BAD on SSB, unless the mic gain was all the way down, so then there is no transmitted audio. Seems to do it on both USB and LSB. I never looked further into it, but I got a courier parts radio with the 858pll so i am gonna get back on it to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

The radio has all new caps, new driver and final. I worked great for the longest time, then one time I shut it off, turned it on a week later and voila, a new problem, lol:confused:

I tried 5 different mics, not it. The radio is putting out about 9 watts SSB, and about 90% modulation. I was driving an amp so everything is turned down. Like I said, it worked fine for the longest time with all the current settings and microphone, then I turned it on one day and it is now acting up. So, something new is wrong with it. I'll be tearing into it in a few days to try and figure it out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.