• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wawasee black cat

C

cbman

maybe someone can tell me what this is.on the front panal it say's wawasee electronics syracuse indiana.the maestro booster. has as a standby switch and ac switch.also has one light thats it.box is all gray. has two tubes one is a 8417 and the other is a 6aq5a.one big relay and one transformer.when you try to transmit the relay chatters like a elec razor and has no output? not sure what is wrong with it.maybe some one knows more about this old amp then i do. thanks

</p>

The unit you described sounds like a JB-150 modulator and older model. The 8417 is the power tube and the 6AQ5 is the keying circuit. This unit was designed to work with a cb radio it will give the cb a boost in power and audio output. If your relay is chattering when you key up more than likely you have the radio and ant coax cables crossed when you connected them. This unit was made to be adjustable in power output of about 1 to 15 watts dead key with the adjustment on the back it does not require any more then 1 to 4 watts drive from the cb. If you need any more info or help with this feel free to send me and email dwoaks@hotmail.com and i would be glad to help however I can. Dave

Welcome to the forum there n9nrm. That said for your first post you chose a 7 1/2 year old thread.........??. Really? Heck that dude was a guest at the time of his post, he probably don't even own that amp after this many years. Just saying man.

" it will give the cb a boost in power and audio output." :whistle::whistle:

Welcome Dave!....
Small pet-pive around these here woods....

RF Amplifiers do not increase the audio output of a radio....
Again Welcome(y)
All the Best
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.