• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

well i got my rci 2950dx

rci2950dx

i am geting my radioe sent back on the 1st and hopefully i can find a way to send it to a real store /tech ie justin and maybe be he can set it right need less to say i will never to businees with gijoes angin and hopefully others will hed my warning but o well redneck tx we gonaa slip out of here like we sliped in.

I'm sorry to hear you had so many problems with them... I have always had good luck with them.. But hope that Justin can get it straightened out for you...

Good luck...

akkkk

the bigest thing is that the tech ron called me a lieri saying the radioe i sent back to them was not the radioe they sent to me just a month ago witch is stright crap i am a stickler i gusse you could say for integartiy i am in they army for pets sack that shit is drilled into us from day one there are six others but needless to say when some one tests mine i get a little mad because i know what i say is the truth and noting but but any way sorry about the rant i am still a little sore .

GI Joes

Thomas,
It looks like I have also been burned by GI Joes as an order that was supposed to be shipped out on August 17th has still not arrived down here. A journey that would not normally take no more than 14 days, well its been over five weeks now and still no sign of it and no reply to the five emails I have sent to them so far, I have used GI joes numerous times in the past and never had a problem but certainly will not be using them again. While I realise that they can't be blamed for the non delivery they could at least reply to the emails and explain the tracking procedure. Looks like ninety bucks down the tubes.
Maybe a bit of bad publicity on the forum here will help.
Murray

and anoter one bites the dust

that sucks man what the basically told me is i ant shit and they have as many costmers as they need up date thought it is still doing the screen thing but it has impoved on ssb and it is doing like 45 or so watts now .

2950dx

if u paid with creditcard just call your creditcard company or if u used a check card call your bank and explain to them what happened and do a stop payment . i had the same thing happen to me with h&y electronics and i just did a stop payment

Re: 2950dx

2at124 said:
if u paid with creditcard just call your creditcard company or if u used a check card call your bank and explain to them what happened and do a stop payment . i had the same thing happen to me with h&y electronics and i just did a stop payment

Yes thats exactly what I plan to do if it's not too late already, It is a bit disappointing when a company who you have dealt with on a number of occassions chooses to bury their heads in the sand when things go wrong. A simple email regarding their procedures when this sort of thing happens is all I have asked for but still nothing from them.
Murray

Have a RCI 2950DX and I seem to have some BUG in it. When I shut the radio off and then turn off the Power Supply and then turn it back on I loos the memory and the settings like NB-ANL- RB . Only works if I remember to set the LOCK Button. Any HELP
Thank you

2950dx very, very, very, very good radio

I have 2 - 2950dx radios..both work PERFECTLY. sorry if someone has one that doesn't preform as expected.. .. just bad luck.. I also have a 2970N2 that works PERFECT also.. I think you just got a lemon, or something else is up.. I feel for you.. I understand your frustration, however.. just trash that one and buy another and I bet you will be VERY happy..
:confused:

Nice set up you have there. I had quite a few older 2950's and a few of the dx models. all were great radios IMO. I ran a 2970 non dx in a semi truck hooked to the battery and did a good job considering some techs would say not suitable for a semi truck. I have a slip seat set up for my RCI 2970n2 if i got back to the road. Have fun with your new toy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.