• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WFM + HF

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Why am i hearing 3-5 stations at once through 20m-17m on WFM? i also hear it up in the 200mhz-400mhz... only on WFM.

p.s its music and talk radios. not picking it up on AM or FM or even SSB.

Why am i hearing 3-5 stations at once through 20m-17m on WFM? i also hear it up in the 200mhz-400mhz... only on WFM.

You ever been driving along in your car and have the same thing happen with your car's stereo? same thing with those stations signals over running just on a longer distance due to atmospheric conditions.

What radio?
Do you have a commercial AM or FM station close to you?
Poor front end receiver design?

Ic-7000 was looking for conditions.
Never had it happen in my mobile stereo.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

Ic-7000 was looking for conditions.
Never had it happen in my mobile stereo.

That's just odd. It's like the front end over load I used to have on an old Radio Shack receiver I used to have.

Have you posted this to the Yahoo IC-7000 group? There may be some answers there for you.

I thought that the Wide FM mode could only be enabled on the 76-108 MHz band.

In any event the cause is strong front end overload from commercial FM or television broadcast stations,most likely FM stations.That WFM mode opens up the frontend to about 150-200 KHz wide rather than the normal 3-5 KHz for SSB and AM or 15 KHz for normal FM. that lets LOTS of crap in and messes with the frontend. WFM also uses a different second IF frequency as well that may be part of the problem

I thought that the Wide FM mode could only be enabled on the 76-108 MHz band.

In any event the cause is strong front end overload from commercial FM or television broadcast stations,most likely FM stations.That WFM mode opens up the frontend to about 150-200 KHz wide rather than the normal 3-5 KHz for SSB and AM or 15 KHz for normal FM. that lets LOTS of crap in and messes with the frontend. WFM also uses a different second IF frequency as well that may be part of the problem

Ty

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned