• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what antenna to use?

crusader

Jun 19, 2005
southwest england
hi, just bought an old truck and would be happy of a little advice.
the antenna i use mobile is a 7 foot firestick clamped to the ladder on the back of the truck,no probs there.
static mobile i have a tri-mag with a 2piece quarter wave whip,
have not tested this one yet.but should be ok.
i would like an easy to put up larger antenna like an a99 or similar,but want to use approx 600w pep,and have read they dont like too much putting into them,would i get much benefit over a mobile antenna? i have a 4 element yagi and ground mount but its a pain to put up,so i want a compromise, but not too much! cheers for ideas!

Ow yeah the A99 will handle the power with no problem! the antenna is rated for 2000 watts but I dont think anyone should try and test that! Get that A99 up high and you will be blowing smoke!73s

thanks very much guys, i will look out for an a99, are the i-max antennas three piece screw together antennas as well? i have an old 5/8 wave but want something i can put together and take apart quickly and throw in the back of the truck.thinking of a stub tube off the ladder or even a clark pump up mast when one comes along.73's.

thanks for the info there native,hey its getting to that time of year,when the band opens for uk-us contacts,heard brazil the other evening so i guess it wont be long.Fl state comes through real strong,so i will have to listen out for winter park!! thanks again

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.