• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What antenna would you choose?

What kind of house you got mister? Shingle roof or metal? If it was me, I'd get some wire the color of the roof or close to it and string it along in whatever shape you can get and put the balun under the soffits and run colored coax down the wall to the radio room.
The roof is asphalt, but I've never found a decent standoff solution to keep the wire off the roof and soffits. I also assumed the unun would be much better off at ground level for better counterpoise options.

Reactions: Rwb
Never lived anyplace with HOA and never will. It is bad enough you never own your home just fail to pay taxes and see how fast you no longer have a home!

HOA=Tyrannical Karens'!

Why? Why would any amateur radio operators move into a community that is HOA. Please tell me being vaxxed and boosted is still under your discretion!

There has to be a story involved and it must involve a very attractive young women! Let's her the story!

Can you have a clothe line? If so make it out of treated wood and use it as a dipole farm to the limit of your property! Make some of it legit clothes line and hand clothes on it periodically!

How large is the attic or crawl space from end to end? Do you have a large open living room with vaulted ceiling? Dipoles can be hidden almost any place in a wall behind trim. There are many types of antenna's that could be constructed from coax or solid materials attacked to studs. Sure you would not be able to turn them like you do on a mast or tower with a rotor but creativity is your only limit. This assumes your home is not sided in steel or aluminum and you avoid electrical boxes. Even Slot and Magnetic Loop antenna can be made to disapear from HOA's sight!

You could extend a stink pipe and do a slot antenna on that with copper foil and if the white paint has no metal in it you could paint it and the feed point to match and it would be almost invisible. Same idea on gutter for a long slot antenna id would have to be done as a stand off from the rain gutter but again if done well it would be invisible to the naked eye even the routing and painting of the feed line could be almost invisible. In a perfect world this would be on the back of the house. Do as much prefab out of prying eye's so it is a quick down and up and no one see's the wires etc....

An automatic tuner is your friend!

Do you have two tree's? A long end feed could be the answer that way everything is hidden except the long wire discretely going from one tree to another. People have dog runs in their back yard surely? The more of it you hid and the thinner the wire the better. If it disappears into the horizon or into the landscape or house that is great.

I like the flagpole idea!!!

Same idea on gutter for a long slot antenna id would have to be done as a stand off from the rain gutter but again if done well it would be invisible to the naked eye even the routing and painting of the feed line could be almost invisible.
I have loaded up rain gutters before.
I lived in a ground floor apartment at the time that was two story, all metal and the downspout came down to a bush right next to my patio.
MFJ antenna tuner did the matching no problem.
The first contact I made with it was Montana from CA and a 5×9 signal report on 20 meters.
Lol
I have a friend, Tracy, KE6OYE that used to load up his carport before he put up his homebrew flagpole.

Jeff

It appears that my HOA is going to inadvertently allow antennas up to 36" in diameter, but states no "towers."

I don't like the idea of wire antennas because I'm sure they will change the covenants after they figured out they messed up. I'm certain that any replacement antennas would be treated as new. If it ever falls down, I probably won't be able to reinstall.

I'd like to get 40 and 80 meters, but 10 to 20 would be a plus.

What would you do?
What would you do?

HOA? I'd move! :)

HOA? I'd move! :)
I live in a HOA and before i put my antenna up a pine tree i just had it on a ten foot mast lashed to my upstairs deck. It sat like that for over 7 years and never heard a peep. Yes it could be seen from the street. But i did get them about grass growing in the cracks between the street and sidewalk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated